1. One book that changed your life: After Virtue by Alasdair MacIntyre
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Desire of the Nations by Oliver O’Donovan; The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien; Dune by Frank Herbert
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Theology and Social Theory by John Milbank… I might actually be able to read it then, and in the same vein: Church Dogmatics by Karl Barth (can I have all the volumes?) or the Summa (all parts)… that way even if I don’t read them, I have ample paper for starting fires or the latrine…
4. One book that made you laugh: Hmmm… all that comes to mind is from 10th grade Cheaper By The Dozen… I know I have read books that made me laugh since then… really I know I have.
5. One book that made you cry: The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (absolutely awesome read… I cried when the main character actually verbalizes what happened to him).
6. One book that you wish had been written: The Handwriting Is On the Wall: Hearing God’s Voice Loud and Clear by???
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Most of the Star Trek: TNG novels… they just aren’t that good most of them… I don’t see this topic really impinging on any issues of expression, just wasting time reading bad stories.
8. One book you’re currently reading: Eldest by Christopher Paolini, The End of Words by Richard Lischer, Chi Running by Danny Dreyer
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Spirit of Early Christian Thought by Robert Louis Wilken, The Nature of Doctrine by George Lindbeck, Doxology by Geoffrey WainwrightI am tagging my friend Travis at his blog Fidelity to post the next book meme.