- He is the image of the invisible God, firstborn of all creation. All things have been made through him and for him.
- He is before all things and all things have hung together/existed in him.
- He is the head of the body, the Church.
- He is the beginning/ruler (arxh), firstborn of the dead ones, so that he himself might be in all things.
- In him is pleased to dwell every fullness (pan to plhrwma; w=omega, sounds like a long o), and to reconcile all things to him, after making peace through the blood of his cross.
It is in our king that every fullness is pleased to dwell. We should be free from the need to accumulate more and more, to hoard. Our abundance comes from the one in whom all abundance exists, that is where we should look for our sense of abundance. We share in that inheritance.